We are looking a Security Operations Center (SOC) - Lead who will be responsible for leading a team of security analysts. The SOC - Lead will provide leadership, coordination, and operational management of the security team. You will play a critical role at VaporVM and lead security personnel, developing strategy, setting goals, and providing performance and professional development feedback. As the SOC lead, you will lead the security operations team to continually improve the SOC and manage security policies, procedures, and processes.
- Lead and manage a 24x7x365 Security Operations Center providing technical oversight
- Hands-on experience in deployment and management of different SIEM solutions, i.e., IBM Qradar, Splunk, AlienVault, etc
- Experience in incident handling, threat hunting
- Lead staff to proactively identify, prevent and respond to security incidents.
- Ensure incident identification, assessment, quantification, reporting, communication, mitigation, and monitoring.
- Ensure compliance to Service Level Agreements (SLA), process adherence, and process improvisation to achieve operational objectives and mitigate threats.
- Revise and develop processes to strengthen the current operational activities; review policies and recommend changes to improve governance.
- Responsible for team management, personnel scheduling, overall use of resources, and initiation of corrective action where required for the Security Operations Center
- Management, administration & maintenance of security devices
- Perform threat management, threat modeling, identify threat vectors and develop use cases for security monitoring.
- Responsible for integration of standard and non-standard logs in SIEM
- Creation of reports, dashboards, metrics for SOC operations, and presentation to the client
- Coordinate with stakeholders to build and maintain a positive working relationship; this includes subordinate SOCs supporting the organization.
- 3+ years of IT and relevant security experience
- 2+ years of experience leading or serving as a senior member of a security operations team
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Security, Business, Management, Information Technology, or related field
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies and tactics used within a SOC and how they can be applied to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to guide others during incident and crisis management
- Able to tune correlation rules and outcomes via security information and event management (SIEM) and security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) platforms
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows capabilities and with network and host based forensic processes
- Familiarity of the investigation of malware and host compromise incidents
- Understanding of intrusion detection systems, web application firewalls, and IP reputation systems
- Technical understanding of current cybersecurity threats and trends
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and resolve multiple inquiries at once
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
VaporVM are a managed services company, and we help organizations improve operations and reduce costs. We provide an alternative to the break/fix or on demand outsourcing model, where the service provider performs on-demand services and bills the customer only for the work done. We also specialize in providing advisory services in Cyber Security, Data Science, and Infra. Our company is headquartered out of the United Arab Emirates and we have a global presence spanning over 3 continents and 9 countries.